Do not get jealous, but for some women, a visit to beauty salons is as common as a manicure. However, not all of us can afford going to a spa every week, so the least you can do is to take care of yourself on your own. After all, we all want to be beautiful. The following are some beauty tips many beautiful women swear by:
- Water is your secret weapon. Remember that the key to good skin and hair is dehydration, so drink a glass of water first thing in the morning and before going to bed. Water also helps you lose weight more effectively and detoxifies the body.
- Good blood circulation will make you glow. Exercising and many other things can have your blood rushing through your veins. Taking a shower can shock your system and bring blood and color to your skin.
- Clean your face every night and apply a mask occasionally to keep a healthy, smooth and beautiful facial skin. Use a cleanser to remove all the dirt from your face and apply a mask to keep it smooth. The classic strawberry honey mix matched with cucumber slices for the eyes would do.
- The sun can be your biggest enemy. While many of us want to achieve that sun-tanned skin, the rays of the sun can actually be very damaging. Apply sunscreen protection every time you need to stay under the sun for long periods. Make sure that it is strong enough to keep you away from burnt skin and other skin problems.
- Go easy on the foundation. Wearing makeup can make you look gorgeous, but it can also ruin your entire look if not done properly. Avoid putting too much foundation on that your face screams “I wear makeup!” Foundation is used to cover uneven spots perhaps around the nose, cheeks and chin—not your entire face. The concealer can take care of the rest that the foundation does not cover.
- Acne? Go to a dermatologist. This may seem like a simple advice but you might be surprised that people nowadays think that they can do what dermatologists do—thanks to Google. However, it is still best to consult a dermatologist when skin problems arise. Dermatologists can assess your skin and give you all the proper medications and treatments that are best for you. So forget that $200 shoes and visit your dermatologist instead. Visiting one can be your biggest investment when it comes to skin care.
- Invest on quality beauty products. Buy quality skincare and makeup products that are recommended by professional beauty experts. Do not rely on products advertised anywhere. Remember that no product will ever speak ill about itself so be very careful and weigh your options carefully before digging in. Also, before buying a beauty product (especially makeup), test it first.
- Eat great and look great. Truly, “you are what you eat”. What you eat shows on your skin and overall appearance. Foods rich in vitamin C are good for your skin, so load up more on fruits and vegetables.