A massage can do a lot of things for you. It can relax you and relieve you from stress. Some massages like the remedial massage can also help in the therapy of injuries on specific parts of the body.
Massage has become popular together with the spas that are also gaining popularity today. It has become a recreational ritual for most people, especially to those who are always on the go. A massage can ease those tense muscles and clear your mind of the day’s tiring work.
What are the different kinds of massage?
There are different types of massage depending on the intensity or style. Since people prefer different types of massages, spas offer them and make each one available whenever possible.
Here are the different types of massage:
1. Swedish Massage
- This type of massage therapy uses long and smooth strokes and kneading in a circular motion on the parts of the body that need it. A massage lotion or massage oil is commonly used for this type of massage.
2. Aromatherapy Massage
- This massage uses different plant oils that emit a certain aroma. Aromatherapy oils are used to soothe and help stimulate relaxation on the one who is being massaged. The most popular type of aromatherapy oil used for this type of massage is lavender.
3. Hot Stone Massage
- This type of massage makes use of heated and smooth stones that are placed on specific parts of the body to promote relaxation.
4. Deep Tissue Massage
- This type of massage is focused on deeper layers of the muscle. It also targets the body’s connective tissues. This massage is used for painful muscles.
- This is a type of massage adapted from the Japanese. Its aim is to restore the flow of energy in the body and regain the body’s natural balance.
6. Remedial Massage
- Unlike other massages, this massage is a form of treatment that helps in the therapy of certain injuries. It aids the soft tissues in the body in repairing itself leading to faster recovery from the injury.
Remedial massage does not only help the healing process—it also helps the body alleviate pain caused by that injury. It allows the rapid healing process from injuries caused by sports or serious physical impact.
Sportsmen widely use remedial massage as a therapy whenever they are injured during a game. Some teams even have in house massage therapists for this sole purpose.
No matter which kind of massage best fits your preferences, it is surely a good way to relax and unwind.